Time and moneyare two of the most coveted resources we as entrepreneurs posses. When they are limited we need to get creative. Some people call this bootstrapping.
But first, a mindset shift to consider…
You may believe your business success is based on what you do and the difference you make for others. That’s only half true because if nobody knows about you and your brilliance, you can’t make a living doing what you love.
You’ve got to embrace marketing as the driving force of your business. It is the bridge between your gifts and the clients who need you.
Think of it this way…
Effective marketing is like a seed for a fruit tree.Repetition is its water. Weekly consistency is its sunlight. The longer your seed is allowed to grow in the mind of the public, the greater and greater your harvests will be. The important question is what size harvests do you want to see?
Here are 6 surprisingly simple and affordable ways to share your business message in a bigger way…each takes less than 10 minutes. Do one, do them all. The key is to do something EVERY day. No excuses – right!?
1) Use Cinchcast.com to record a 3 to 5 minute tip message and share via social media channels.
2) Forward your Cinchcast.com recording to your VA to be transcribed and posted in print form on your blog and article marketing platforms. Once your content is repurposed in this way it can drive traffic 24/7.
3) Now that you have new content on your blog – use a wordpress plugin like tweetmeme to notify your networks that new content has been posted.
4) Contact your business supporters and ask for their help to share the new content. They could share through social media or post a comment to add to and encourage conversation with your community.
Tip: if you always go out of your way to share their stuff – without being asked – this builds social equity that you can draw upon when your message needs a boost too.
5) Reach out to connect with someone in your social networks at a deeper level. This could be a follow up to a joint venture call or a new connection that you haven’t connected with by phone yet. Contact them and schedule a time to meet by phone. (Do this at least once a week and by the end of the year you’ll have 50+ new connections who can support your success).
6) Now, while you’re on the phone, gather fascinating facts about this person. Who do you know that would be a logical, relevant connection for this person? Make the connection/introduction today. Tell them what you discovered they share in common and the value that you envision they can bring to each other.
Let’s take this up a notch (or ten) with a bonus take action tip:
Create a list of three to five additional 10-minute marketing activities that are fun and motivating to you. Ones you actually enjoy doing. Schedule implementation time in your calendar as a recurring appointment (or delegate immediately). Next, create another list of three to five marketing activities that you recognize are essential but you don’t really enjoy doing them. Delegate these to your assistant as daily or weekly recurring marketing actions.
Get the magic of consistency and repetition working in your favor. You’ll be amazed how this will shift your marketing results quickly.